Saturday, November 22, 2014

Good Week

This week was a good week.

What a pleasure to say that.  The definition of good, in this case, was all circumstantial, but it was quite simply good.  There was a time where I wondered if/when I would have a simply good day/week again without it requiring an act of my will and attitude.

The circumstances which defined good for this week are:

  • Nathan got a parking pass at school!  There were no passes available and a few of the conversations I had looked pretty negative but in the end, he has a pass.
  • Nathan is set to start PCC in January!  He still needs to be accepted but it looked like a large block to beginning the process might be difficult to move and it simply evaporated.
  • Nathan has a car!  It looks like a reliable, affordable car that fits Nathan's personality.  And I no longer have to drive everywhere!
  • Nathan passed his driving test on his first try!
  • A friend, Aaron Doerr, was kind enough to record Caleb's phone message for me so I can now proceed with taking his phone off my bill.  This good was a more normal good in that it was a really hard process.  But, I have been attempting this for over a year, and it was a relief to get it done.
  • Josh has had 2 good interviews for a job he really wants!
  • I was able to buy tall boots that fit!  I have been trying to buy boots for 12 years and could never find a pair that fit.  
All of these are so small but they made a good week.  And all are so ridiculous in the big scheme of life.  But I have enjoyed my good week for the simple pleasure it is.

God is GOOD all the time!  Not just when circumstances are easy but ALL the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment